Our current library collection is over 90% electronic due to the needs/requests of our students and faculty and our building space is primarily devoted to student study areas. Our space for physical collections is quite small and mostly consists of textbooks, test preparatory materials and anatomical models. We carefully utilize our space and financial resources to assist our students. They are our primary patrons and their needs drive our decision-making processes.
University Archives Research Statement
The University Archives serve as the institutional memory of the UNT HSC and plays a vital role in the management of the institution’s evidentiary documents and resources in all formats. A strong archive is an integral component of, and an active partner to any thriving and accountable institution.
ways to give
- We accept books, journals, and other materials based on their value to the collections.
- Due to limited staff and space, we can no longer accept donations of print books and journals without prior review and authorization.
- Complete a Gift Policy Form (PDF) that describes the gift and transfers ownership. We will provide a letter acknowledging receipt of the gift.
- We reserve the right to transfer materials to a more appropriate collection or to dispose of materials that do not fall within the scope of the collection.
- Honor the memory of someone through a gift to fund the purchase of a book or journal subscription.
- A bookplate will be placed in the book noting the person memorialized and the donor.
Please contact one of the following individuals when donating a gift to the Library or the University Archives.
Arrangements and Transportation
Gifts are usually hand-delivered by the donor. We will help with the logistics of getting materials delivered.