Records and Information Management (RIM) provides systematic control of records, regardless of medium from creation to disposition, liability associated with records and information management relative to space, litigation, privacy, regulatory non-compliance. RIM also provides training and support to the UNT Health Science Center employees in all areas of Records and Information Management.
- to provide systematic control of records regardless of medium from creation to disposition, reduce the cost and liability associated with records and information management relative to space, litigation, privacy, regulatory non-compliance;
- to provide training and support to the campus in all areas of records and information management, maintain records, containing adequate and proper documentation of UNT Health Science Center functions, policies, decisions, procedures and essential transactions of the institution;
- designed to furnish information to protect the legal and financial rights of the state and of any person directly affected by activities of the institution.
Records Management Resources
Have Questions? Contact Us
Complete the Records Disposition Form.
Helpful Tips & Resources
When scanning your own documents, please note the following reminders to reduce Records Management cost for your department/clinic and UNTHSC.
- remove any staples/fasteners (paper clips are acceptable)
- if documents are taped, please tape documents securely on all four sides
- scan laser printer documents only, no inkjet
- scan each record on white paper only, with two, clean and legible bar codes – one at the top of the first two pages
- the barcode on the first page should begin with “NGMRN:….”, if your barcode does not contain these letters, it is out of date and must be replaced
- the final barcode should be at the top of the second page
- do not scan printed documents from the Electronic Medical Record system (place all notes in the EMR directly)
The following ApplicationXtender resources are available:
- AppXtender Web Client
- AppXtender Web Client – User Guide (PDF)
- AppXtender Web Client – Training Videos
Proprietary Statement: AppXtender training videos contain proprietary information and are not to be disseminated, distributed, or otherwise conveyed to persons not affiliated with the UNT Health Science Center.
Request Access To ApplicationXtender
Your current supervisor will need to send a request to RecMgmt@unthsc.edu authorizing your access to ApplicationXtender. The request from your supervisor should include your first and last name, your EUID, and the name and EUID of someone who currently performs the same functions in AppXtender that you will be performing so that person’s permissions can be copied to your new profile.