Serve as leaders in the creation and discovery of trusted information, connecting and empowering all people to build health, equitable communities.
The Digital Scholarship unit provides technical and open access support to the HSC campus community. Some of our service highlights include:
- Research support from selection of resources to information appraisal and citation management
- Topic-based classes within the curriculum on current, relevant issues in research and information fluency
- Consultation on journal selection and metrics, predatory publishing, data management, and systematic reviews
- Project-based support through shared authorship and acknowledgement models
- Collection development, care, and physical item circulation through management of the self-service storefront and locker system for reservable items
- Faculty support for course development including reading list course reserve service
- External community engagement through reciprocal relationship building, programming, grant funding pursuit, and resource support for consumers
- Management of contracted library operations for JPS Health Network and over 25 Tarrant County clinics
Education, Research & Engagement
The Education, Research, and Engagement unit supports students, faculty, and staff in their appraisal and selection of reliable health information through classes, consultations, programming, and resources. Librarians serve as liaisons to all of HSC’s academic programs and participate in campus life through numerous collaborations and partnerships. We are ready to help in the following ways:
- Self-Service storefront available 24/7 making library resources accessible outside of regular business hours.
- Academic department level assistance through our Liaison Librarian services to meet the learning goals of academic programs.
- Develop student research skills through targeted one-on-one and small group consultations, connecting to relevant research materials and resources.
- Collaboration in the classroom through course instruction on a variety of topics including search strategies, evidence-based medicine, use of library resources, citation management, and more
- On demand library assistance through our virtual chat service to get answers quickly.
- Expert mediated literature searches and consultations for structured reviews available to faculty and staff.