What is TexShare?
We are a participating institution in TexShare. Through this program, UNTHSC students, faculty, and staff members can visit and borrow items at other participating libraries throughout the state.
How does TexShare work?
- A TexShare card must be issued by the home library at no charge. The issuing library establishes the expiration date of the card, which cannot exceed one year. UNTHSC patrons may request a TexShare card; an ID badge is required.
- Choose a participating library to visit on the TexShare site.
- review the lending policies for TexShare borrowers
- visit the library website where you will typically find information about hours, directions, and parking
- search the online catalog to check the location, call number, and current status of items that interest you
- Visit the library and present your TexShare card to establish a borrowing account. Staff can inform you of borrowing policies and limits.