When scanning your own documents, please note the following reminders to reduce Records Management cost for your department/clinic and UNTHSC.
- remove any staples/fasteners (paper clips are acceptable)
- if documents are taped, please tape documents securely on all four sides
- scan laser printer documents only, no inkjet
- scan each record on white paper only, with two, clean and legible bar codes – one at the top of the first two pages
- the barcode on the first page should begin with “NGMRN:….”, if your barcode does not contain these letters, it is out of date and must be replaced
- the final barcode should be at the top of the second page
- do not scan printed documents from the Electronic Medical Record system (place all notes in the EMR directly)