Scanning to Email
Currently, there is no cost to use this feature.
Brief Steps for Canon Model Numbers 4745, C5550 and C7765
- Log on to the printer or scan your ID badge
- Press Scan and Send (models 4745 & C7765: top bar near middle; model C5550: left side near bottom)
- Press “Send to myself”
- Change any necessary options (like two-sided printing)
- Press green button to start scan (through document feeder or one page at a time)
- If one page at a time: put next page to send in; press green "Start" button; repeat until finished; press "Start Sending"
- Press Log Out or Copy & Print Release button (models 4745 & C7765: top bar to the left of Scan and Send; model C5550: left side) to print documents
Detailed Instructions for Canon Model Numbers 4745, C5550 and C7765
- To use the scan-to-email function you will need to log on to your Pharos account (using your ID badge or logging in with your username/password).See Figure 1 for an example of the initial screen.
- To get to the scan screen, press the Scan and Send button (models 4745 & C7765: top middle of the screen; model C5550: left side near bottom). Figure 2 displays the scan screen for models 4745 and C7765.
- Use “Send to Myself.” button, which will put your email address in the destination box. This address is pulled from your Pharos account.
- If you do not have an email address in your record, it will insert something like “mtp0010@LIB2A”. THIS ADDRESS WILL NOT WORK, so you will need to update your Pharos account to use the scan-to-email function. Sending to any other email address is not available.
- If the address gets put in twice (or the wrong address gets entered), select that line once to highlight it and then press the Delete Dest. button on the line just below the address block.
- The options on the right-hand side of the screen should work, so if you want to do two-sided originals, you can press the “2-sided original” button and choose “Book type.” The copier should default to the PDF file type, but you can change that if desired.
- Once the settings are as desired, the document can either be put in the automatic feeder, or you can scan one page at a time – it works exactly like photocopying.
- When all pages are finished, the document should be sent to your email address. Log out by pressing the Log Out button (models 4745 & C7765: top right; model C5550: bottom right) or press the Copy & Print Release button (models 4745 & C7765: top bar to the left of Scan and Send; model C5550: left side) to return to the main Pharos screen to print documents.