Remote Service Desk
Notice: Lewis Library is operating a Remote Service Desk and may be reached 24/7 via email at AskALibrarian@unthsc.edu or during regular Remote Service Desk hours using live chat on our website. Interlibrary loan requests to borrow physical materials are currently suspended.
Contact the Remote Service Desk for assistance via email and chat.
Chat With Us: Look for the green "Ask Us" tab on the main library website - library.unthsc.edu
Days/Times: 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Monday-Friday; 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Saturday and Sunday
HSC's Lewis Library cares about the well-being of all of our library users and in an effort to keep everyone healthy and safe during the situation currently unfolding with COVID-19, we will continue to provide services through our Remote Service Desk with our library team working to assist you with resource and service needs. This follows the HSC administration's implementation of policies and procedures that minimize in-person interaction and reduce the risk of disease transmission. Stay informed with the latest Coronavirus updates from HSC.
Study space is accessible 24/7 for UNTHSC students, faculty, and staff only. A UNTHSC badge is required for entry. The library remains closed to visitors until further notice.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you!
Services available remotely include:
- Chat With Us instant messaging/chat service for live assistance
- AskALibrarian email for a way to contact us 24/7
- Assistance with creation of course reserves and selection of online course resources
- Virtual education sessions: literature review compilation, predatory publishing, misinformation and appraisal of information sources, and all of the other great topics we offer in person
- Virtual meetings and consultations on publication, journal submission, research, and open/free educational resources
- Library borrowing account assistance and materials renewals
- Direction to other campus units for additional support
- Literature searching services
- Remote resource troubleshooting
- Purchase requests and status updates
- Links to LibGuides that are subject-specific and other online tools