Student Access to Study Space in Lewis Library
To: HSC Students
From: Charles Taylor, Provost and EVP
Date: October 15, 2020
Re: Student Access to Study Space in Lewis Library
In our ongoing efforts to provide our students with an outstanding learning experience despite all the challenges presented with COVID-19, I’m pleased to share we have identified an additional area on campus that can be used for quiet study space in the evening.
Beginning Sunday, October 18th, students will be able to access the 2nd-4th floors of the Lewis Library for quiet study time.
Following are the guidelines to utilize the Library for after-hours study space:
- Study space will be available on the 2nd-4th floors, Sundays through Thursdays from 5pm–11pm.
- Your HSC badge is required to enter the Library. Keep badge visible while in the building so HSC Police and other staff can identify you as a student.
- Outside visitors will not be allowed to enter the Library.
- There will be defined individual and small group study areas with spaced out seating. Please do not rearrange any of the seating areas.
- Everyone will be required to follow campus protocols including wearing a mask, physical distancing, and practicing personal accountability to promote a safe environment and model our HSC values.
Additionally, we have the following quiet study areas available for student use Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm:
- EAD 108, RES 100, MET 124, IREB 250
If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Dan Burgard, Vice Provost at Daniel.Burgard@unthsc.edu.